Wednesday, January 27, 2010

January 5, 2010 - Our spare day.....hanging in Amsterdam


So, I woke up from my drug induced coma to find no one in the room.  It’s kind of weird to wake up like that in another country!  I am still feeling pretty crappy and almost hacked up the other lung.  Ed came back from the airport and had scoped out where we needed to go as well as a place to buy an extra bag if we needed it.  I really hope we don’t!


We got ready and walked to a tram station and took the tram into Amsterdam to do some last minute shopping.  It was nice out…..either I was totally numb to the cold by now or I had adapted as I really wanted to take my jacket off.  I had put my gloves away at this point.  Weird.







We stopped to eat at McDonald’s.  Why, you ask?  Well, they had a McKroket which is basically what we had eaten at 1am on Christmas Eve but it was on a bun.  It was also fast and there were open seats, so we sat down and had our lunch.  It was quite yummy!







We walked around and did a little shopping and then headed back to the tram because it was getting dark, which meant that walking on the icy streets would be a little bit more difficult.  We waiting for awhile and then caught the tram back to the stop near our hotel. 







We ate dinner at the restaurant in our hotel.  The menu was really small and there wasn’t much to choose from.  I saw a hamburger on there and thought that would be safe.  It was the weirdest hamburger I had seen ever.  It ate some, mostly because I needed to take more drugs.  I am really starting to sound like a total addict here.  I am sure there is a meeting somewhere for NyQuil abusers like me. 






We headed back to the room to organize our luggage and get to bed since we had to be up pretty early.  We got most everything packed and then I was out like a light!

No comments:

Contributors





Followers