Saturday, June 5, 2010

Saturday, June 5, 2010 – A Day of Inspiration and Relaxation


Today, all we had planned for us was our Inspiration Lunch.  I pretty much vegged out until it was time to head to the lobby to catch the shuttle.  Too bad they never really showed up for the 3 bus loads of people that were waiting at our hotel alone.  We ended up taking a cab so that we wouldn’t miss out on our lunch.  Team in Training has an Inspiration (usually dinner) meal for the participants where you load up on the carbs and then you hear some speakers that will amaze and inspire you.  This time, we heard from Jenny Hatfield, a motivational speaker and coach who happens to be married to John Bingham, who usually speaks.  He said hello via taped segment and wished us well.  You usually also hear from a survivor or a honored patient and this time, we heard from a man from MN who lost his 10 year old daughter to Leukemia.  I don’t think there was a dry eye in the house.  Once we were done, we got some last minute instructions from our coaches, one of which was very disturbing.  Due to the shuttle bus snafu, we had to change our meeting time tomorrow to 3:45am out by the bus stop.  Excuse me?  Yeah, you heard me…..so; my roomie and I are getting up at 3am.  I am mortified but I will get over it. 



We headed back to the hotel and just hung out.  We got our stuff ready for tomorrow and laid it all out for a photo op:



I spent some time in the lobby where there was free wireless updating the blog and posting some pictures.  We met up for dinner at a deli on the water over here and had something to eat.  One last minute East Valley meeting and it was time to wrap it up for the day….but it’s early!!!  Everyone keeps saying, “Bye…see you in a few hours.”  UGH!
So, the next time you hear from me, I will have a 3rd 13.1 mile jaunt under my belt, and my 2nd Team in Training event.  This organization is amazing and I can’t wait to start another journey with another group of awesome people (and some of the same from SD) in August….yes, I have already signed up as a captain for PF Chang’s in AZ in January.  I can’t stay away.

So, as I write this, a perfect stranger just came up to me and gave me a hug and told me to have a good race.  I look like a blubbering fool right now in tears in the lobby on my laptop.  What incredible people I have met or encountered along this journey.  I am telling you, if you ever have a chance to do this with TNT, do it.  I will help you fundraise if you are worried….I just think that everyone should experience what I have experienced, twice now. 

I will see you at the FINISH LINE. 
GO TEAM!

PS...I love our TEAM Arizona shirts!!!


No comments:

Contributors





Followers