Monday, December 28, 2009

December 25, 2009 - Christmas Day





Merry Christmas!!  I woke up with a gift from the hard beds we slept in.......a kink in my neck and some sweet lower back pain!!  Someone loves me, I know.

We got up and headed downstairs to eat breakfast in our usual fashionable pajamas.  Gotta love chocolate sprinkles on buttered bread for Christmas!



Now, we braved the showers!  First, I have to tell you that the temperature of the water in all the sinks is ICE cold!!  So, brushing my sensitive teeth sucks!  Anyway, I was worried that the showers would have temperature issues as well.  You know how in some public bathrooms where you push the faucet and the water runs for a bit and then shuts off by itself?  BINGO!  That is how the shower worked, only I didn't know that at first.  So, I am in the midst of washing my hair and the water turns off.  I had flashbacks to fire drills at NAU in the middle of winter where people were taking a shower and had to stop.  When that passed, I realized you had to push the button again.  Good times!  Needless to say, I was nice to my peeps and warned them when I got back to the room.  At least the water was warm.....the drawback was that you couldn't control the temperature.  Oh well, at least there were showers, right?

We visited for awhile and then the kids opened their presents from all of us.  Watching kids open gifts is always fun!







More visiting took place throughout the day.  Then, it was time for dinner.  I can't imagine doing this all the time because the family is so big!  We had different kinds of meats, potatoes, brussel sprouts, and some other dishes that I tried and am not sure how to explain.  They were just different.  I will say that Marsha did bring up Aunt Betty's cheesy potatoes and we were having withdrawals from our regular Christmas food, but had a blast anyway!  Here is a glimpse into our dinner:

Theresa and Andy toasting to all of us here and those who are not.
The kids sang Christmas Carols while Theresa played the guitar.  It was so much fun to hear them sing in English!!Yum!

After that, more hanging out and then off to bed.  We were pretty tired because we had no sleep the night before and everyone was sore from the beds.  Many folks stayed up late again and visited but I didn't want to end up sick from lack of sleep, so I headed to bed.


  Merry Christmas from Holland!



No comments:

Contributors





Followers