Sunday, December 20, 2009

I heart Continental Airlines

Hello from Holland! Yes, we finally made it here, but not without hiccups along the way. Not too much that directly affected us until we got to Amsterdam. We boarded our plan in Houston and had a pretty uneventful 10 hour flight to Schipol Airport in Amsterdam. We had plenty of movies to choose from on the flight, so I didn't sleep much...maybe a few hours, but I don't know if I would call it real sleep. I followed each piece of advice given to me by different folks at my chiropractor's office to help prevent any foot and back pain. I drank a ton of water and got up and stretched a few times on the plane. Thanks to my actions as well as getting worked on before I left, I had a successful 10 hour flight with no swelling and little to no back pain. I have love for the torture chamber known as Alpha Chiropractic for a second...and then that feeling passes. HA! Just kidding....or am I?


So, we get to Amsterdam and go through the greeting of many relatives as well as meeting some for the first time. We hung out at Starbucks to wait for the rest of the US peeps to arrive from their trip from hell. Then, Marsha calls and says that they are stranded on the runway because the airport we are at is closed due to weather conditions. We just missed that event. In fact, the flight we were on was the best I have ever been on in my life. We hit a little rough patch, but that was about it. We didn't even feel the guy land the plane, or brake for that matter. I should have thanked him. Continental Airlines rules!


So, back to waiting at the airport. Marsha reports that they will be 2 more hours. This is tacked on to the 2 that we found out about right after we landed. So, after arriving at the airport at 8:30am, we finally left with our entire family in tow at 2pm. We got to our rentals, which were smaller than we had anticipated. So, we crammed our mass amounts of luggage into our cars and made our 2 hour trek to our home. I wish I could tell you about Ed driving a stick shift in the snow, but I slept through the whole thing.


We arrived at our cousin's house and ate and visited until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. Now, here I am with my second wind. I think I have had a handful of hours of pretend airplane sleep since Friday when I got up. What a past few days we have had!! I am going to get some shut eye and report back later.


Oh, by the way, it's freakin' cold here. I will get some pics tomorrow and post them. It's more than we Az folks can handle. :o)



Stay tuned......


No comments:

Contributors





Followers