Saturday, December 19, 2009

Playing the waiting game....

So, I am sitting at George Bush airport in Houston waiting to board the second leg of the trip.  It's been a packed week!  My mom came into town on Wednesday and my brother and his girlfriend arrived on Thursday for my sister's graduation Friday.  Hope graduated from Arizona School of Massage Therapy yesterday in a nice ceremony at Souh Mountain CC.  My aunt and uncle threw her a nice little party after the ceremony. 

We were on our way to the house when Ed gets a call from Marsha (sister-in-law).  Their plane has been delayed and instead of leaving Friday night at 9pm, they weren't leaving until 2am.  Even better, Andy (brother-in-law) and family were held up at the border of AZ/CA due to an accident and sent on a horrible detour that would have caused them to miss their flight anyway.  So, after we visited with family at my aunt's house, we headed to Marsha and Bill's house to take them back to the airport at midnight to catch the 2am flight to London.  Unfortunately, there are no more flights going from London to Amsterdam, so they were put up on London for the night.  Now, we will end up arriving in Amsterdam a few hours before they will and we left at 8:15am Saturday morning.  HA! 

So, we decided not to go to bed last night because we weren't finished packing anyway.  I ended up taking an hour nap but have realized that I am too old for this all nighter crap!  How did I do that back in the day?  Sheesh.

This morning, we left our poor doggie for an extended period of time where he will go on a hunger strike until he is really hungry and finally decides to eat and just spends all day and night on our bed.  So sad....sorry Buddy G....we will be back soon!

Now, we wait.  I am dreading this leg of the trip for several reasons.  Hello?  10 hours in a confined space?  My feet and back are not really excited either.  My feet were a little mad at the 2 hour flight from Phoenix to Houston.  We shall see how my various ailments hold up during this long flight. 

Congrats to my sister on finishing her massage therapy program!!  She is going to continue her education in a few weeks as well.  I am so proud of her and can't wait for my massages!  Congrats Hope!!


Jay, Jen, Hope, Mom, Me, Ed

No comments:

Contributors





Followers